AbdominoplastyCall us today at (303) 682-3386 to schedule a FREE consultation.
Abdominoplasty is a surgical method to remove excess fat and skin from the abdominal area as well as repair separated or weak abdominal muscles. Liposuction is sometimes combined with abdominoplasty to achieve maximum results. This should not be considered as a substitute for healthy habits, but rather a cosmetic procedure that can pick up where diet and exercise fail.
Types of Adbominoplasty
There are different degrees of abdominoplasty that Dr. Meyers can perform. The technique used will depend upon factors such as:
- How much fat must be removed
- How much skin must be removed
- Where the excess skin and fat is located on the abdomen
- How much stomach muscle tightening is required
A traditional, full tummy tuck involves removing excess fat and skin across the entire abdominal wall. An incision is made along the bikini line (hip to hip) to achieve the results, and often the belly button is repositioned for a more natural-looking appearance.
A mini tummy tuck is typically used when there is less excess skin and fat that needs to be removed from the area below the navel. A smaller incision can be used to produce the results, and the belly button does not typically need to be repositioned.
Tummy Tuck Candidates
Good candidates for tummy tuck procedures are those who:
- Have excess fat and skin in the abdominal area that will not flatten/tighten even with a healthy diet and frequent exercise
- Are in good physical shape (no serious diseases or medical conditions)
- Are mentally strong enough to handle the surgery and have realistic expectations for the outcome of their surgery
- Have had significant weight loss
- Are experiencing a drooping or sagging stomach due to aging
Tummy Tuck Recovery
Every patient will heal from tummy tuck surgery at different rates. However, we typically tell patients to expect to take time off work for 2 weeks to heal. Strenuous activities should be limited or avoided for at least 6 weeks. Following Dr. Meyers’ post-operative instructions explicitly will help to speed up your recovery.
Dr. Meyers will perform a thorough examination of your physical condition and medical history to determine if abdominoplasty is right for you. Contact us today at 303-682-3386 to schedule your FREE cosmetic consultation.