Day of LASIK
At the Eye Care Center of Northern Colorado, we understand that you may be nervous or anxious about your LASIK procedure. We work hard to make your LASIK experience comfortable and stress-free.
Here is what you can expect on the day of your LASIK procedure:
- Arrive at our Surgery Center 20 minutes prior to your scheduled surgery time.
- Fill out any necessary paperwork and make any final payments with our staff.
- Enter our pre-op suite, where you can begin to relax and prepare for the short procedure. We may prescribe a relaxation medication to ease your anxiety.
- Move into our surgical suite. Your doctor will explain every step of the procedure.
- Relax in the post-op suite after your procedure for as long as you wish.
- Have a friend or family member drive you home, so you can rest or nap for several hours. You will wear protective goggles while you sleep to avoid scratching or rubbing your eye.
The entire procedure just takes minutes per eye, and many patients experience improved vision before they leave the surgical suite!
Your first post-op appointment is typically the day after your procedure. You will most likely be able to drive yourself to this appointment.
Contact us today to schedule your LASIK Consultation.