Cataract Surgery Day
At the Eye Care Center of Northern Colorado, we do everything possible to make your cataract surgery day as comfortable and stress-free as possible.
Here is what you can expect on the day of your surgery:
- Arrive at our the surgery center 1-1/2 to 2 hours prior to your scheduled surgery time.
- Fill out any necessary paperwork and make any final payments with our staff.
- Enter the pre-op suite, where you can begin to relax and prepare for the short procedure. Here your eyes will be dilated by the nursing staff.
- Move into our surgical suite where the surgeon, anesthesiologist and nurses will perform your surgery on one eye. The actual procedure will only take 10-15 minutes.
- Relax in the surgical suite after your procedure.
- Have a friend or family member drive you home.
Some patients will begin to have clear vision within hours after surgery; others may take a week or two for the full effects. If you have cataracts in both eyes, you will need to return to our office for your second cataract procedure after your first eye has fully healed (approximately 2 weeks later).
Your first post-op appointment will typically be scheduled the same day as your surgery or the morning following your surgery with either our office or with the co-managing doctor. Your doctor will want to ensure that the surgery was successful and that your eyes are beginning to heal. Be sure to follow your doctor’s post-op instructions to expedite your healing process and minimize complications.
To schedule your cataract consultation, contact us today.