Retinal MicroPulse Laser Therapy Treatment for Open-Angle Glaucoma and other Eye Disorders
This technology provides advanced treatment for retinal problems, glaucoma and other eye disorders. Colorado residents can access this state-of-the-art eye care in our Longmont office. At the Eye Care Center of Northern Colorado, we offer MicroPulse Laser Therapy (MPLT) to safely and effectively treat patients with retinal disorders and open-angle glaucoma.
MicroPulse works by electronically “chopping” the continuous-wave laser emission used in conventional laser treatment, into trains of tiny, repetitive, low-energy pulses separated by a brief rest period in between. This “micropulsing” allows the tissue to cool between laser pulses, preventing damage.
Benefits of MPLT
- Physician can more precisely control the laser on targeted tissues
- Less chance of tissue burns and scarring than conventional laser treatment
- Increased patient comfort and satisfaction
- Outpatient procedure
- Painless, requiring only anesthetic eye drops
- Can be repeated as necessary without harm to the patient’s vision
MPLT Treatment Options
- Macular edema related to:
- Vascular occlusion
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Central retinal vein occlusion
- Branch retinal vein occlusion
- Radiation retinopathy
- Central serous chorioretinopathy
- Open-angle glaucoma
To learn more about Retinal MicroPulse Laser Therapy treatment, contact us today to schedule an eye exam. Our four locations throughout the Colorado Front Range allow you to receive convenient care close to home. Call us at 303-772-3300 to schedule an appointment.