Comprehensive Eye ExamsCall (303) 772-3300 or TEXT (720) 806-9330 to schedule an appointment.
Eye Exams for Boulder County
Including Boulder, Longmont, Lafayette, and Greeley
We are your eyecare partners for your annual eye exam. During your appointment, we will work with you to understand your health history, any current issues, and vision goals. Your eye exam includes testing for eye diseases like glaucoma and macular degeneration as well as screening for systemic diseases such as diabetes and high blood pressure.
Interesting fact: There are no pain receptors inside your eyes, so there aren’t warning symptoms for most eye diseases. Annual eye exams can detect eye health problems before they impair your vision.
Your comprehensive eye exam includes:
- Determination of prescription specific for your needs. We often consider task-specific prescriptions for our patients who are athletes, heavy computer users, night drivers, photographers, and artists.
- Eye health exam for diseases such as glaucoma, macular degeneration, cataracts, dry eyes, environmental sensitivities and allergies
- Dilation of pupils to examine retina
- Examine for health problems that are visible in the eyes, such as high blood pressure, diabetes and high cholesterol, allergies, stress, and autoimmune diseases.
- Blood pressure screening
- Eye pressure screening for glaucoma
- Patient education on lens and prescription options
For your child to do their best, they have to be able to see their best. Vision is essential for your child to do well in school, sports, music and other activities they enjoy.
Children should have their first eye exam at 6 months of age, again at 3 years old, then at least every other year. Although vision screenings at schools are valuable in increasing awareness and may uncover certain problems, they are not an appropriate substitution for an eye exam by a qualified eye doctor. Many pediatric conditions need early detection and prompt treatment.